Fragrance Free Environment -
“All staff, patients, and visitors shall: Refrain from wearing cologne, perfume, scented personal care products such as body lotions, sprays, and powders, scented deodorant and hair care products, and aftershave lotions; avoid bringing in scented flowers. Scented plants will be removed from the property. Refrain from bringing scented air fresheners or personal scented hand lotions from home."
Premier Wynne announces Local Health Hub in Manitouwadge.
Please Click Here for a PDF copy of the press release regarding the recent announcement from Premier Wynne on recent news involving Manitouwadge.
What is Chemotherapy?
Chemotherapy, or "chemical treatment" is used most often to describe drugs that kill cancer cells directly.
What is it used for?
Chemotherapy is used for any of the following reasons:
- To cure a specific cancer;
- To control tumor growth when cure is not possible;
- To shrink tumors before surgery or radiation therapy;
- To relieve symptoms (such as pain); and
- To destroy microscopic cancer cells that may be present after the known tumor is removed by surgery (called adjuvant therapy). Adjuvant therapy is given to prevent a possible cancer reoccurrence.
How does it work?
Cancer occurs when certain cells in the body keep dividing and forming more cells without the ability to stop this process. Chemotherapy involves destroying those cancer cells by keeping the cells from further multiplying.
For more information on Chemotherapy, types of cancer, support groups and programs please visit the