The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act has two main purposes:
- To provide the public a right of access to information held by hospitals (subject to limited exemptions), and
- To protect the privacy of individuals with respect to personal information about themselves in the custody or control of hospitals.
It is important to note that personal health information (health records) continues to be covered by the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA) and cannot be requested under FIPPA. If you would like access to your medical records please visit or call Health Records.
Making an Access Request
You can make a formal request under FIPPA to Santé Manitouwadge Health by completing an Information Access Request Form.
Although you are not required to use this form, we recommend that you do so to ensure your request is processed as quickly as possible. A written request referring to the Act will be accepted. Each formal request must be accompanied by a $5.00 non-refundable application fee (payable to Santé Manitouwadge Health).
Forward your completed form or written request along with the $5.00 application fee to:
Santé Manitouwadge Health
Freedom of Information Coordinator
1 Healthcare Crescent
All requests must include:
- A reference to the Freedom of Information Act
- Enough detail to assist in processing your request
- The $5.00 application fee (cheque or money order payable to Santé Manitouwadge Health)
You will be notified of any of the following:
- The 30-day time limit needs to be extended, with the reason why
- Further information is required
- Parts of the record need to be severed and why
- Access denied and the reason why
- The estimated fee exceeds $100.