Santé Manitouwadge Health is committed to treating people with disabilities with dignity which allows them to maintain their independence and have appropriate access to health care services. Santé Manitouwadge Health believes in equal opportunity and is committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities by preventing, removing and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Click here to view our AODA Plan 2018-2021
- Wheelchair accessible parking spaces are available near the main entrance to the hospital and primary care entrance.
- Washrooms located in the patient rooms, emergency department, laboratory, diagnostic imaging and outpatient waiting room are accessible
- All public washrooms are accessible
- Available in all main hallways
- Persons with disabilities many enter the premises accompanied by their service animal and keep that animal with them in areas/premises that are open to the public, unless the animal is otherwise excluded by legislation. For examples, please see SMH policy on service animals
- Available at the Main Entrance, Emergency Department and Primary Care Entrance
Fire Alarm System
- Our fire alarm system incorporates an audible tone with flashing strobe lights.
- Televisions in patient rooms come with adjustable volume control and closed captioning
Santé Manitouwadge Health would like the community to help us improve accessibility by sharing your questions, concerns or comments about the way we are providing care and service in an accessible manner.
Feedback will be handled in accordance with our Patient Concerns
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Telephone: 807-826-3251 Ext. 228
Santé Manitouwadge Health
1 Healthcare Crescent
Putting people first: A new framework for protecting the rights of persons with disabilities employer-advice