Enhanced COVID-19 Measures
December 17, 2021
In light of recent increases in the highly transmissible Omicron variant the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care has added some temporary enhanced measures to help reduce the risk of this virus entering Long Term Care Homes.
Effective Immediately Facility Wide:
• All General Visitors over the age of 5 years (non-patient) will need to be fully vaccinated to be granted entry to Santé Manitouwadge Health. Children between the ages of 1 to 5 years cannot visit at this time.
• All general visitors and support workers who provide services to a resident/patient require a negative test upon entry to Santé Manitouwadge Health unless a negative result has been obtained the day before.
• Antigen testing is required of all staff, contractors, students, volunteers, and essential care providers twice a week (regardless of vaccination status).
• All caregivers are required to be fully vaccinated (two weeks post second dose), unless they can provide proof of a valid medical exemption or they are visiting with an end-of-life palliative resident/patient.
• All caregivers will be required to have a first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine by December 20, 2021 and to be fully vaccinated by February 21, 2022. Prior to February 21, 2022 essential care providers will be restricted to visiting one particular resident/patient room.
• Limit of 2 visitors per resident/patient at a time
• Only patients/residents who are fully vaccinated may be granted an LOA and will require active screening upon return.
• All social overnight absences have been suspended regardless of vaccine status.
Testing will be available Monday, Wednesday and Friday 1000 to 1400 by appointment for Hospital visitors, care providers, volunteers and contractors. Call the main reception at 807-826-3251 to book a time.
To meet the testing requirements for those visiting on a Sunday, a test can be booked through the Assessment Centre.
All other testing must be done through the Assessment Centre by calling 807-826-3251