Face Masks Are Mandatory
As per the Ministry of Health and Ontario Public Health guidelines, Santé Manitouwadge Health will be enforcing the wearing of masks while attending any department within our facility. All persons entering Santé Manitouwadge Health MUST WEAR A FACE MASK AT ALL TIMES. Exemptions to this will include:
- Children 2 years of age and under
- Patients/clients who can present a MEDICAL NOTE exempting them for medical reasons only.
If you cannot wear a mask, and do not qualify for the above exemptions – all NON EMERGENT appointments or visits to Santé Manitouwadge Health will be rescheduled.
All persons entering the facility will be required to stop at one of the two Reception desks, either at the Family Health Team Reception or Front Entrance Reception to be screened. A series of questions will be asked along with your temperature being taken.
Questions include the following;
- Do you or anyone in your household have a confirmed case of COVID-19 or test results pending?
- Do you have any new/worsening/unexplained symptom(s)?
- Have you travelled outside of Northern Ontario in the past 7 days?
- Have you had close contact with anyone with a respiratory illness or a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19 without PPE in the last 14 days?
- Have you visited a home in an outbreak in the last 14 days?
All patients who fail the screening and do not require immediate medical attention will be asked to leave the facility and their appointment(s) will be rescheduled accordingly.
All essential appointments are to be attended by the patient only unless assistance is required by one other individual. Note that the main waiting areas are closed to the public therefore if you enter the facility and are not the patient and you are not assisting the patient, you will be asked to return to your vehicle.
Long Term Care & ALC Visitors
All persons presenting to Santé Manitouwadge Health to visit a resident must provide proof of a NEGATIVE Covid-19 swab result within one week of the visit date. Visitors must contact the Nurses’ Station at 807-826-3251 ext. 221 to book a visit time. Visiting hours are from 1100-1800. There is a maximum of one visitor at a time with the exception of Palliative Care patients (two visitors at a time).